Motivation comes in waves. Some days we hop out of bed, ready to take on the world. We start big projects, dream big dreams, and know that FINALLY we’re going to accomplish something. But then, tomorrow comes.
We sit down in the same place we sat yesterday — where we were on fire and ready to go and… nothing.
BELOW is a step full proof plan to reignite your motivation . READ ON…
Step 1: Plan for failure
Successful people aren’t luckier than most people. But they do try more things, and they’re willing to fail.
- Make a list of everything you need to get to accomplish your goal.
- Then, set up those pieces to make it impossible to fail
For example If you are trying to form a gym habit. You would get up in the morning planning to go, but after a few minutes decide not to. But if you put your gym clothes and shoes next to your bed, you would put them on first thing and by that point, you will be like “I might as well just go” .
Step 2: Put it on your calendar
EXECUTION is more important than the tactic itself.
- Decide ahead of time and map out your schedule for the week either on paper or in a simple calendar system.
- Set an alert in your calendar or on your phone to review this every week. Keep thinking ahead and you’ll never be caught off guard or pressed for time.
Step 3: Develop laser-guided focus
Sometimes these are external distractions: an emergency comes up, we have family demands, and work gets busy. But, just as often, we let go of one goal by shifting focus to another. The result? We don’t make much progress on either.
Developing FOCUS and being able to put some ideas on hold is a skill that almost guarantees we make progress on what matters.
- Pick your number one goal. Is it earning more money? Getting in shape? Finding your Dream Job?
- Grab a pen and paper and write it down. Really do this now. This isn’t a silly “thought exercise.” We’re doing this to commit ourselves to one course of action and follow through.
Just get started
Don’t think about how high the mountain is or how far you have to go. Enjoy the here and now, and pretty soon the goal doesn’t seem so far away, after all.
And before you know it, you’ll be a bonafide success.